Saturday, July 09, 2005

He's a Little Strange, But I'll Keep Him

My current boyfriend has rather strange ideas about clothing and general appearances. I'll document a few of them quickly.

His Own Appearance:

I don't think this boy owns anything that didn't come from the thrift store. While he has made some pretty good finds there, most of it consists of t-shirts that were probably free in the first place. So basically, he's paying for a shirt that the original owner got for free, which I think negates the utility of the thrift store.

He also does not own a single pair of jeans. He wears only khakis. This alone would not bother me (hey, I like khakis), but he only has 3 pairs of them and all have holes and grass stains all over them. Whenever he goes out and wants to look nice, he wears the least holey pair of khakis and the same pink striped button-down shirt. The shirt itself isn't bad, but it is really thin and he never wears an undershirt with it. So, in certain lights, you can see through it.

My Appearance:

My current hates it when I straighten my hair. He says that it looks so much better when it is wavy. Now, I'm the type of girl who straightens her hair everyday, so at first I refused to stop. I mean, I like my hair better straight--my natural hair texture is that strange mixture of straight and wavy that just looks unkempt. But after months of hearing him complain about it, I finally relented and retired my hair straightener.

Recently, he saw me wearing my glasses, because my contacts were bothering me. So now he's decided that my glasses are the cutest thing ever and that I should start wearing them all the time. This is one thing that will never happen. I hate my glasses. Hand to God, I look like Mary from Its a Wonderful Life if she had never met George Bailey.

2 comments:

RGB said...

haha.."jeans are denim, they make my skin crawl" Well, at least they're not duct-taped together like loserex #2. There is a shopping list for menswear somewhere on this site, you should print it out for him.

My current told me I shouldn't straighten my hair too, and I refuse to stop. Not only do I straighten, I use the mega-straightner...I love that thing. I wear my glasses a lot because I am lazy though.

Unknown said...

I can beat that...my ex told me I should only wear pink, blue and white and I should grow my hair longer (it fluctuates between my chin and shoulders) and that he likes it better straight so I should blow it out and flat-iron it everyday. But Mike the special friend likes it better when it is wavy (but I still straighten it most days).