Monday, July 31, 2006

Saturday night's alright for fighting

Once upon a time on Saturday night I was in a big fight with my boyfriend because he went to North Carolina to see his friend instead of spending time with me. But why get mad when you can even without him knowing about it? And the best way to get even is to have a drunken bacchanalia with your girlfriends.

We started at 4PM at a local bar. Got drunk, went back to our place and realized that we were tired from the beer so we had some Irish coffee. Then we grabbed to-go beers for our walk to another friend’s house where she was having a party.

The party was pretty good, in that there was a lot of beer and the male-to-female ration was about 6:1. I’m talking to this guy, and another guy and some other guy and I decide that I’m going to take one home. He walks me back to my place and once I get him there, I decide that I really don't want hook up with him, even if I am mad at my boyfriend, I just wanted someone to walk me home. I tell him that I don’t really want to have sex but we can still talk. He couldn’t have gotten out of there faster if I had told him I had the hiv. Seriously.

And I found the whole thing wickedly amusing. I am going play this game more often as it provides hours of entertainment retelling the story to my friends the next day.

And when the boyfriend got home on Sunday night and asked what I did over the weekend, I gave him the non-committal, “nothing really—hung out with my friends”. Something tells me he would not find this episode nearly as amusing as I did.

No comments: