Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Really, I'm Not Going Anywhere or Talk Economics to Me, Baby

I love my fiance. Really, I do. But I simply do not understand why he becomes jealous so easily. A certain amount of jealousy is acceptable and even sweet. If another guy is talking to me in a bar, I think its cute if my fiance comes over to me and puts his arm around me.

But I am virtually unable to mention an ex in front of him if its in an even semi-positive way. I would not do this toward the beginning of a relationship, but we've been together for more than two years--so its getting a bit old. There are a number of ex's that played an important role in my past and with every one of them, there were at least some good times that I do not want forget. So, if I say something about how an ex and I took a trip to Hot Springs and went to a natural spa there, it does not mean that I am considering leaving him to go back to the ex. It just means that I want to share something about my past with the person I want to spend my future with.

And for God's sake, when I say something like "Oh, how I love Paul Krugman," rest assured that I have no impending plans to run off with him. The same goes for any other economist I express admiration for. Also, John Maynard Keynes is very dead and very gay--and I possess neither a propensity for necrophilia nor a penis.

No comments: