Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Knock Knock Joke

Normally, I would find knock knock jokes funny. But not when it's real knocking, and not when it's five o'clock in the morning. Actually, it may have been closer to 4:30.

The weekend before this particular incident, I had gone with a girlfriend of mine visiting from back home to a local bar. We met a cute boy in the Marines with muscles that go on for miles and sparkling blue eyes. I should have seen that this situation would be trouble. The guy was sweet, nice, worked a lot, so he didn't have much time to come and hang out with me. Not that I blame him, it's a pretty hectic and demanding job working for the United States Marine Corps.

But G.I. Joe doesn't get a free pass for everything just because he's a military man. I had stayed up late the night before because I had been in class until 10:00pm. The drive home from where I attend school and where I live is at least 30 minutes, so I didn't actually get to bed until 12:30 after making dinner, finishing up some school work, and relaxing for a bit.

Somehow, G.I. Joe thought it would be fun to come over and see me before work... if you know what I mean. My phone rings, but it's 4:30 in the morning and quite frankly I'm sleeping. What kind of psycho calls at that hour?

So anyway, I figured that would be the end of it and I roll back over and continue sleeping. Suddenly, I'm reawakened by a pounding on my door. Literally, a pounding. I was concerned that someone was beating my door down and breaking in. I'm positive that my neighbors had the same concerns. My roomate looked scared out of her mind.

I look through the peep hole, and there's G.I. Joe. All dressed for work and apparently thinking he's going to get a treat for waking me up this early. Yes, boys, cuz waking a girl up is definitely a way to get into her pants.

False.

Like I said, G.I. Joe seemed so normal at first. But don't play the knock knock game before the sun comes up. Not cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i once had a marine. the beginning of the end of it was when i had to drive him home from marine corp ball and he's thrashing around in his own vomit in MY CAR!...he would want me to stop the car ever
two minutes so he could puke. so i did and occasionally he would be puking and just fall over into his own puke AND THEN GET BACK INTO MY CAR. whatever i did feel for him, was zapped right out of me at the sight of this. i got over my military uniform fetish pretty quickly.

BJA said...

Oh my... that's a horrible story.... and so perfect for this blog!

RGB said...

Oh my gosh! I hope he at least offered to take your car to get cleaned after that!