Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Throwing down the plastic

Hmmm...more on MB

He really really liked these two singers. I really like these two singers too so when I heard they were playing in Columbus, I got tickets (at $150 a pop). MB assumed that since the concert was a few weeks after his birthday, the tickets were my birthday present to him and made plans to come to Columbus to see this show. The thing is, we weren't dating when I bought the tickets and we sure as hell weren't dating when the concert rolled around. In fact, I was dating another guy and was blissfully happy with him.
But on the day of the concert, MB showed up in Columbus (he drove seven hours to get there). Feeling really bad that I didn't make it incredibly clear to him that he wasn't invited (I thought the fact I was dating another guy was was a sure sign), I cancelled on the girlfriend I was going to go with (the current boyfriend wasn't too keen into these performers and he had some stuff to do anyways) and told MB I would pick him up at five. That was my first mistake, I really should have held my ground.
We're sitting in the concert venue and I'm a little pissed about the whole situation but I'm trying to make the best of it so I ask what's new in his life.
"Well, I don't know how to say this but I'm dating someone."
"Really? How long has this been?"
"Since Mardi Gras. " (Note: Easter had been early this year so Mardi Gras had fallen at the beginning of February. According to MB, I "ripped his heart out" in late January. How bad could it possibly have been if he was DATING EXCLUSIVELY again at the beginning of February?!?!)
"Okay. What's her name? What's she like?"
"Her name is Jan, she's 30 and has about 15 pounds on you."
Niiiice (I am a firm believer that it is downright insulting to date someone uglier/fatter/not as gainfully employed as your ex. I realize this makes life difficult for my exes, but they should consider it a small price to pay to date such greatness).
Needless to say, I was pissed that he made me waste my concert-going experience (not to mention the price I paid for the tickets) so that he didn't have to tell me over the phone that he had a new girlfriend. Furthermore, what the hell was his girlfriend doing, letting him drive seven hours to essentially go on a date with his exgirlfriend? If my boyfriend tried to pull this one over on me I would nail his testicles to the wall. Literally.
So we get through the concert and I'm expecting him to at least buy me dinner. I subtly hint at this in the usual form ("Are you hungry?") and he ignores it. Right before I'm about to drop him off, he's like "can we go through the Wendy's drive-through?" and I'm like sure, thinking french fries sound incredible at this point (with a side of chocolate ice cream and maybe a bottle of beaujolais). Since I'm driving, I get to talk into the little box so I relay his order and then order my french fries. I pull through to the first window, expecting him to hand me money and he gives me exact change for his purchase.
So the bastard ruined the most spectacular concert of my life at my expense and then wouldn't buy my damn dollar-menu french fries. And since he was already my ex, I had no way to recoup my losses.
Cheap asshole.

No comments: