Friday, April 21, 2006

It's nothing personal...

I briefly dated this guy while I was living in Minnesota. Not surprisingly, we both worked in politics. To make a long story short, the relationship was more about convenience than anything else and he was very immature and when it wasn't convenient to date anymore, we ended it. But it didn't exactly end on the best of terms and he completely bad-mouthed me to the political circles in Minnesota, which effectively limited my career-growth options.

But that's okay because I moved back to Washington and onto bigger and (much) better things and from here I blackball him from DC-political jobs on a regular basis.

The thing is, I don't really harbor any resentment towards him anymore, and it's not like I wouldn't be able to work with him in Washington, but at this point it's just entertaining to see how many jobs I can keep him from getting, just for my own entertainment--it's like a game.

Maybe one day, I'll decide to give up and actually give him a good recommendation because he'd be a competent employee. He's not leadership material but he's good with logisitical stuff and could easily fit in somewhere in the political scene in Washington, but for now it's more fun this way.

1 comment:

RGB said...

You should give him a good recommendation...to the senate's janitorial service.