Sunday, April 16, 2006

"Oh CCG, this is so going on Loser Ex."

Friday night the boyfriend and I met up with my sister and her boyfriend and Officer/Gentleman at Cap City. O/G was on his best behavior: he looked good (OMG, he looked great), he wasn't being a princess, he was treating me like a princess--all the makings of a great night. Until late in the night when the TV at the bar changed from the O's to some NBA game (I don't know which one).

Boyfriend loves baseball. I can always get him in a good mood by taking him to baseball (and it's a good thing when he's in a good mood because I usually get stuff like jewelry). He'll probably propose on the scoreboard--actually, he'd better not because I'll say "no" on account of it being a dumb proposal. But I digress...boyfriend loves baseball. Boyfriend HATES basketball. Especially the NBA.

I was proud of him, he didn't throw a fit, he politely asked the waitress to change the TV back to baseball. She disappeared for a few minutes and came back and told him someone else had requested to watch basketball. That's where shit hit the fan. Yes, he was justified in being angry (we had been there throwing back beer for close to four hours at this point), and yes, it was appropriate to ask for our check and announce we were going to find a bar that was showing baseball. And yes, it was very good of him to pick up my and BRG's tab. But it was COMPLETELY out of line to not tip the waitress and then write "next time keep it on baseball" on the credit card slip".

Luckily my sister had cash, which she slipped me (after making the aforementioned declaration) and I slipped the waitress while boyfriend wasn't looking, but I was aghast. I think what made the situation worse was that he was proud of it. Gentlemen, if you're not going to tip your waitress out of principle (and you should ALWAYS tip your waitress, at least ten percent), PLEASE never tell your date. And especially don't tell your date's sister and her boyfriend and expect a pat on the back. That really only makes you an asshole.

2 comments:

CMS said...

Omg. That's awful. I can't even think of anything witty to say.

Anonymous said...

ditto