Tuesday, April 25, 2006

RGB has her beer goggles on as well.

The events of this night were, at best, hazy. I am really unsure of what happened. What I can say for sure is this: It was the second week of my freshman year of college, and I took my first trip to one of the college bars right off campus with some friends from my floor. Other than that, no information from this night is certain, it is simply what I have pieced together from my friends' accounts of the evening.

Like I said before, this was very early my freshman year of college. One of the local bars had quarter pitcher night on Thursday. Of course, being a cute girl, I didn't even have to pay a quarter. So, this was my first time in a bar, and it was all very exciting. Also, I did not drink much in high school, so I was a bit of a one-beer-wonder. Well, about a few too many drinks later, I remember coming home with my friends.

One of the girls I am with gets a call. It is a guy she had met a few days earlier, and he says that he saw her at the bar with her friends. In particular, he comments that he noticed her friend with the nice ass (this was me...I know, right?). She is so school-girl giddy that she might get to play match-maker, that she gives him my number, and takes his number, and puts it in my phone. No harm done, right? Wrong.

My phone rings the next day, and my call ID says "Honeysuckle" (I can't make this stuff up!). I look at this and think "who the hell is named 'Honeysuckle?" I answer, and it ends up being a guy from the bar, who basically tells me the story which I just told. Curious, I agree to meet this guy (this is before the days of facebook, where I can just see what he looks like beforehand). He is more than just a little sketch. He was chubby, had a mole, and sweated. Constantly. Gross. I wish I had just assumed he was not someone I would want to encounter sober. The name should have given that away.

A word of advice: never agree to meet someone named "Honeysuckle" who somehow gets your phone number while you are in an altered state of consciousness.

2 comments:

CMS said...

As you wish...

Unknown said...

LMAO!