Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm your vehicle baby

It's overly cliched and stereotyped but men love their cars more than they love their women. That's all well and good and I'm perfectly okay with playing a second fiddle to the Mustang (mostly because I probably love that Mustang more than I love my boyfriend--I got to pick the color), since usually it means I get to look positively adorable riding shotgun in such a sweet-ass car.

But what I don't understand is why men can't keep their sweet-ass cars clean.

Mr. Toad is not the fanciest car on the street but he's always relatively clean. He needs to go to the car spa right now but at least when people get in him, they are not overwhelmed by the stench of garbage. If the person in the front seat wants to move the seat back, he or she does not first need to clean out all of the empty water bottles from the space behind the seat. People can sit in the backseat with minimal rearranging (usually it means moving my gym bag to the trunk). I mean, how fucking difficult is it to take the trash out of your car with you when you get out? Chances are good you're going by someplace with a trash can--use it!

Contrary to what these men believe, there's nothing sexy about a sweet car that is completely trashed on the inside.

The worst part is, all of these guys MUST know this because when we first started dating, they were all very diligent about detailing their cars before they came to get me and take me out. But unfortunately it seems with the comfort of sweatpants, morning sex, and Saturday nights on the couch watching UFC (guilty pleasure--what can I say?) comes a messy car. And that sucks.

5 comments:

RGB said...

Ex 3's sweet ride was a teal station wagon from the early 90's...and it was filled to the brim with old fast food bags and cups, many of which had dripped out onto the seats.

MEL said...

I'm guilty for having a messy car but i live outta my car for work

Unknown said...

No, you have your turnout gear in the backseat, you don't have rotting egg mcmufffins--huge difference.

CMS said...

Haha, Ex #3's car was awesome. I especially loved the way it looked after the hurricane.

RGB said...

I get a warm fuzzy feeling everytime I see it. Oh, I'm going to hell for that one...CMS, do my a favor and save me a spot, ok?